In-Person Remote Learning Information
Last Updated 9/9/20 - new marked red
- GSMS picture day is on September 21, 2020. All in person remote learners are welcome anytime between 8 AM and 12 PM to get their picture taken in Community Hall. Learners should enter through the middle school office to sign into the building. They will need to bring either their ID card or their name/grade level on a sticky note. Flyers and information can be found in learners mailboxes in middle school lobby. If you have questions please contact Mrs. Promutico email@example.com
- Beginning on September 15, 2020 the middle school will be running a club bell schedule every cycle day 10. You can reference the bell schedule here and cycle calendar here.
- All remote learners are encouraged to complete the passport to canvas course over the first few days in order to familiarize themselves with how to use and navigate the learning management system. This course is located within the Spartan Learning Portal (Canvas).
- If you have not picked up your computer please call the technology hotline (717.354.1599). Once you confirm pick up date/time you will be able to pick up the device in the MS lobby.
- Teachers are to submit names of any learner not present during live synchronous times (each class period) to the main middle school office and attendance office. If you do not attend your live synchronous classes you will be marked as absent from school based upon the number of classes you did not attend. (2 periods = ½ day absence; 3+ periods = 1 day absence)
- If you are not able to attend classes you are required to submit a an excuse note (with parent signature) within 3 school days to Deb Berry in the Attendance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org). Failure to do so will result in an illegal absence.
- Learners that are quarantined for COVID-19 symptoms must provide excuse notes for the days learners are unable to be present during live synchronous classes due to illness. Notes must be returned not later than 3 days after return to school.
Remote Learner Orientation (8/28/20)
- It is important to keep a copy of the bell schedule to refer to each day.
- For more information about weekly meal pick up.
Materials Pick Up
- Individual classroom teachers may request that learners/families pick up physical materials for their class (i.e. art supplies, etc.) If this is the case, teachers will communicate with learners in class when their materials will be ready to be picked up. Pick up location will be located in the GSMS lobby.
- This is where remote learners can go for the morning announcements and other important school related news.
Student Information Update
- Please complete your annual student information update.
- If you are having technical difficulties, please submit a technology help request thru the Google Form on the student pages of the ELANCO Gateway.
- Phone: 717.354.1599
- Hours: 7:30am-4pm (M-F)